of the Campaign
The AubonneSupportGroup is less a fix working group then individuals working
on the campaign in different places in Europe.
As aims for the campaign we set the following:
Inside the movement:
- Make the case known We are glad about all help with distribution,
fundraising, press work, contacts and happy to help other people out.
- Encourage an internal discussion about how to deal with the emotional
consequences of repression (trauma, fear etc.), how we can improve
the support at a collective level and how we can deal and prepare ourselves
better at a personal level.
- Improve networking on an European level between anti-repression
groups, support groups, human right collectives, etc. and encourage the exchange
of experiences of past and current cases aiming to share skills and evaluate
what we have learnt.
We hope to reach these aims through:
- Talktour with the video in April through Switzerland,
Parts of Italy, Germany and Spain
- Antirepression-Days in June in Geneva (26./27.6.) with
presence at the trial on the 28th
- Written materials, web, contacts etc.
External / through the movement:
- Highlight and fight repression and impunity
- Defend and promote the right to protest
- Fight for justice in the AubonneBridge Case
- Respect of the basic rights during political protests
Specific Demands to the government:
- Immediate suspension and prosecution of the responsible
- An independent investigation of the Aubonnebridge case
- Payment of all medical costs and appropriate compensation for physical
and psychological damage of the climbers
Main branches of work are:
- Political: put pressure on the government to accept our
- Mediatic: make the case and its wider context of global
repression known and create pressure
- Actions: international action day before the court-case,
fax action, signed support letters, presence at the trial on the 28th of June
We are very happy about all offer of support, all interest in our work, all
desires to exchange experiences and knowledge: firstname.lastname@example.org